frequent foods #1

Well, I haven’t posted much about food on here in…years?

I’ve talked a few times about my journey towards having a balanced relationship with food but I’ve rarely shown the foods I’m actually eating. There are two reasons for that. Reason #1: I’m horrible at remembering to take pictures of my food– when I’m hungry, I wanna eat.Β Reason #2: It can be a breeding ground for comparison. All of our bodies, genetics, metabolisms and activity levels are different which means that a healthy and nourishing diet for one person, may not be for the next.

That being said, I will never, ever post a “Full Day of Eating” on Build Your Bliss. I did in the past (back in 2013, I believe) which were the days of living on the same rabbit’s diet day-in and day-out and wondering why I was always tired and grumpy. I assure you, I eat plenty now and my diet varies quite a bit from day to day. My meals are simple because I rarely ever get to eat at home #fulltimejobprobz and, when it comes to meal-prepping, I’m lazy. Plus, I like simpler foods. I’ve always been that way. Do I generally try to make healthy choices? Of course! 90% of the time, I opt for foods that I know will leave me feeling good and, the other 10%, I say to-hell-with-it and enjoy whatever I might be craving. Of course, some weeks that percentage gets a little skewed. This past week, for example, my sister and I have ordered pizza 3 (yes, THREE) times…oops. Emotionally, it has been an exhausting few weeks and that’s just how things played out. And you know what? I enjoyed every freakin’ bite. For me, that’s balance. You have to find what works for you.

Alright, enough chit-chat.

Here are a few random meals and snacks that I managed to snap over the past week or so. Some greens, some caffeine and some ice-cream πŸ˜‰

IMG_6557IMG_6554IMG_6408

FullSizeRender (1)
IMG_6556IMG_6555

What does a “balanced diet” look like for you?

Here’s to eating foods we actually enjoy…

-Emily

Follow me on Twitter & Instagram @missemmmysue

7 comments
    • Emily said:

      It’s the best! πŸ™‚

  1. Kelsey said:

    I think you have such a good mindset about it. I try my hardest to do the healthy choices, but I still allow for my cravings to get satisfied and never get too upset with my eats!

  2. Floey said:

    For me a balanced diet is eating what I want when I want it and feeling good about it πŸ™‚

    • Emily said:

      Yes, yes and yes! πŸ™‚

  3. P said:

    I love how you have both a Monster and Kombucha. Now that’s balance πŸ˜‰

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: