I’m a firm believer that we all fit into one of two categories; finishers and forgetters.
‘Finishers’ get satisfaction out of completely using up a product while ‘forgetters’ tend to use a product for a while and then push it aside when they find something new. Which one are you?
Personally, I’m a finisher. I love the feeling of using something up before I move on to the next one. It’s so nice to know that I got my money’s worth and to be able to form an honest opinion on whether I liked it or not. This mainly applies to beauty and hygiene products and, since I always love reading other people’s reviews before I buy something, I thought I’d share mine with you!
Empties: January 2014
2. Revlon ColorStay Foundation (in Buff): This is hands-down the best drugstore foundation I’ve ever tried. It looks natural, lasts all day, and the price can’t be beat. I’ve already repurchased it twice and I rotate between this and higher-end foundations to save a money. Thank you, Revlon.
3. John Frieda Sheer Blonde Shampoo & Conditioner: I’ve been using this on-and-off since high school and the formula has improved a lot over the years. I wouldn’t say that it does anything spectacular but it smells good, gets the job done, and helps my color last a little longer.
4. Urban Decay Tinted Moisturizer (in Halo): As much as I love UD products, I wasn’t impressed with this. It took me quite a while to get through the bottle and I mainly used it during the summer when I just couldn’t bear wearing heavier makeup. Sorry, UD…I’ll stick with your eyeshadows.
2. Benefit ‘It’s Potent’ Eye Cream: I struggle with dark circles under my eyes so having a good eye cream is crucial. I was hesitant about this one at first but quickly fell in love with it. It goes on smooth, is gentle on sensitive skin, and seems to reduce the puffiness and darkness I’ve always had.
3. Stila Liquid Eye-Liner (in Brown): Since I’m horrible at applying liquid eyeliner, this has become my go-to product. The felt-tip applicator makes it easy to apply and, since it’s waterproof, it doesn’t smudge. I use brown liner 98% of the time because it’s less harsh than black on fair skin.
4. SmashBox Photo-Ready Primer: I honestly didn’t use primer until a few months ago when my sister convinced me to pick up this sample size. It changed my life. My makeup goes on smoother, lasts longer, and I’ve had fewer breakouts- yeee! I’ve already moved on to a full-size bottle.
I’m planning to share my ’empties’ with you every few months- or whenever I’ve compiled a stash. I apologize for the lack-luster photography in this one. I’m still relying on my iPhone for pictures but I promise it’s going to change soon. DSLR camera, here I come…eek!
Here’s to the finishers and the forgetters…