I talk about happiness a lot on this blog. I established in my first post that bliss and happiness go hand-in-hand and we’re all on a journey to discover that. From our friends and family, to our careers, to our hobbies and beliefs, it’s crucial that we’re always in tune with what we want and what brings us joy. When it comes to creating happiness, we have full control- we just need to learn how to use it.
Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere shared a post the other day that I absolutely loved. It’s a simple list of 8 things that “happy” women have. Emily got inspiration from this post and then created her own list and I was inspired to follow suit. I highly encourage you to do the same for yourself!
8 Things Every Happy Woman Should Have:
1. A go-to drink: Red wine (favorite: cabarnet sauvignon) or beer (favorite: IPA’s) and I never say ‘no’ to a good sangria or mimosa. I’m generally not a fan of hard liquor and tend to steer clear of it.
2. A go-to karaoke song: Miss Independent by Kelly Clarkson
3. A uniform: Straight-leg jeans (dark wash), white t-shirt, boots, and lots of jewelry.
4. A hair stylist they love: Tasi at Eclectic Chic. Always and forever.
5. An exercise routine: Gym 3-4 days/week and walking.
6. A hobby: So many. Writing, reading, exploring, shopping/thrifting, blogging, etc.
7. A best friend: I’ve been blessed with a handful of amazing best friends; a few from high school (Shelby, Claire, Melissa), a few from work (Rick, Tara, Ryan), and a few from college (Desiree, Tiffany). And, of course, my mom and sister will always be my two best friends in the entire world.
8. A healthy sense of self: This is something I’m constantly working on. I can say that I’m more confident and happy now than I’ve ever been and I’ve truly begun to discover myself over the past few months. Certain circumstances have helped put life into perspective and I’m thankful for that. I’m rediscovering my sass and spunk more and more each day and I love the way it feels.
Obviously the majority of these answers are ever-changing but, regardless, they say a lot about the person that you are at this moment in your life. They show what (and who) matters and what doesn’t. We’re all different and that’s what makes us beautiful. Stay true to you. Make yourself happy.
side note: don’t forget about the “peek into my week” link-up this friday! I’d love for you to join!
Here’s to being happy women…